Skip to main content

MY WORLD MY GOD

The world in my mind is not the world that is out of my front doors. The world I feel in my heart is not the world that really exists. The world I want to see with my eyes is not the world I see on the news or read about in magazines or newspapers. The world I want to hear with sweet music turns into a world that screams hate and lies. The world I want to smell is fragrant. The world I smell is full of stench. The world I want to touch is soft and non-harmful. The world that touches me is painful and causes a rash. The world I desire should be paradise, the world I know is only toxic with greed, poverty, hunger, broken hearts, sickness, and violence.

When I was a child, God was a Zeus figure with superhero powers and a bodybuilder's physique up in the air on clouds. I had no idea why He even existed. When I was taken to church I always looked around wondering where God is and why He will not show Himself.

When I was fourteen my best friend's brother witnessed to me. I went home and in the privacy of my bedroom, I got down on my knees and asked God to forgive me of my sin and come into my life. I did this out of fear of burning and torture in Hell.

Throughout my life, I have seen many different faces of God. I look back at my view of God in my 20' and 30's and 40's of a God who had a scorecard in His back pocket. When I made mistakes (sin) God quickly pulled out the scorecard and made a mark with a look of "gotcha, I pity the fool"! I kept being told that "only if I believed the right doctrine" (beliefs) about God and the Holy Bible I would be square with God and have salvation. So salvation was based on head knowledge and as time went on I started to see and feel something was missing with that belief system.

I noticed too that in that faith culture I was running around with my own scorecard. Rules are rules and we must have boundaries! I had great head knowledge of doctrines and the Holy Bible but sadly I had no love or grace. In my mind, I put people in spiritual concentration camps who did not believe the way I did or did not know the Holy Bible like me.

1 Corinthians 13 (NLT)
9. Now our knowledge is partial and incomplete, and even the gift of prophecy reveals only part of the whole picture! But when full understanding comes, these partial things will become useless.
12. Now we see things imperfectly as in a cloudy mirror, but then we will see everything with perfect clarity. All that I know now is partial and incomplete, but then I will know everything completely, just as God now knows me completely.
13. Three things will last forever - faith, hope, and love - and the greatest of these is love.

I realized all my head knowledge about the Holy Bible and Christian doctrine was not the most important thing to God. It was more important to just simply love Him with all I could and the people around me. No more and no less. I see Heavenly Father with no scorecard and no look of disgust on His face when I fall short. I see and feel a very understanding God full of grace and love towards me. God is so much bigger once I let Him out of my closed mind. I love God and try to serve Him out of love and not fear anymore. Praise to God, holy, loving and grace-filled. I now see a world that someday will be a paradise and until then a touch of Heaven here and there will do.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

POISONING THE FRUITS OF THE HOLY BIBLE

  The Holy Bible has many beautiful truths within its pages and the most wonderful story in the world of how a loving and gracious God came from Heaven to Earth to save us from sin and ourselves.  What I have seen that saddens my heart is when men and women distort the Bible's precious truths. Sometimes they play mental gymnastics with a rubicon of verses to put together their own view of a topic and make the Bible appear to support their side. Both the liberal and conservative Christians do it and even those who are not even believers play this game. People who want all answers to life and faith but only from the Bible are some of the most toxic and unhappy people I know. Where is their Christlike love? Jesus dealt with this kind of mindset in his mortal time on earth and they were called Pharisees. We must be willing to take the Bible as it is written and what the writers led by the Holy Spirit meant. We must be authentic and transparent. Some things in the Bible are uncomfortabl

WHAT VOICES ARE YOU LISTENING TO?

  Since the internet entered our homes and social media dominates the culture of the world we as a human race have rapidly lost our humanity in many ways. People are so vicious to one another and it is so sad to see how narcissistic we have become as a species. I am often balancing what I read and what I listen to so I do not become toxic and filled with false understandings and beliefs. So it is very important to consider just what voices you are listening to and what voices are you reading. What is the mindset of the people, shows, and music you are allowing into your life? We need to be more alert to not allowing trash into our minds, ears, and eyes. Let us not become a landfill for society's useless trash. If you let garbage in soon it will be garbage out. What is most in your heart will eventually come out the mouth both spoken and written. Matthew 15:18-20

ELECTION YEAR 2024! OH BOY!

Yes, folks, it is an election year and of course, both parties believe they are going to save the world. Sorry, but Jesus Christ already did that some 2000 years ago. Now the other fun fact about this is every election year it is a Chicken Little story all over again, which is the sky is falling if the Republicans get into office, and the sky is falling if the Democrats get into office. This reminds me of how news on the weather is nowadays. There will be one inch of snow coming which is the great white death from above so stock up on everything. The exaggeration from political parties and the news is absolutely off the charts in this day and age. Gone are the Walter Cronkite and Tom Brokaw days of newscasting.   Social media can be used for good and even to spread the gospel message but also it can perpetuate lies and deceit. I hope it is used more responsibly than what I have been witnessing.  So back to politics and voting, I would say do your best to try and find reliable informati