Skip to main content

PICK-UP TRUCKS AND JESUS


After journeying to Bethlehem to worship the Baby Jesus we then sprint right into a new year with hopes of all kinds of changes.

Maybe last year had too many changes and your hope is for a time of no changes which would still be a change in itself!

Let’s take a look at Isaiah 61, the chapter talks about the deliverance of God’s people through an “anointed servant” and in Hebrew anointed means someone who has been consecrated to a special task to perform.

The Jews thought the Messiah was going to be a great military leader and by violent force free Israel from her suppressors.

Little did they realize that the Messiah was going to free them from themselves of a sinful nature and eternal separation from God.

Jesus was going to change them and give them a new way to live, a new way to think, a new way to believe, a new way to talk, a new way to worship and restore them to a better condition. Jesus wants to do the same with you and me.

Now last month my 2004 GMC truck started making noises like a sick raccoon and I felt like Fred Flintstones trying to stop the truck. I had lost the complete brake system. I nursed the truck into the auto repair shop that I have gone to for 12 years. Everything brake related had to be replaced.

I felt like I had a new truck when I got it back. I thought to myself that I had this much work put into the truck I should restore it some more and so my truck headlights and taillights had cataracts and so I went man shopping which is “Amazon” and when they came to the door I went to YouTube and believed in myself (I am no mechanic by any stretch) but I installed new headlights and taillights and now I can see at night!

Next I started to sand the rust spots and spray painted some areas and covered up areas of the truck with a bug shield and wheel flares (thank you again Amazon and YouTube) then feeling good about all I had done myself I put a Punisher steering wheel cover on and had a friend put some graphics on the truck to cover up some worn areas.

Like me, my truck and I are older and we have to start covering up more!

But this is what Jesus does with us, usually one thing at a time Jesus works on restoring us. Fixing and replacing, sanding out our rough edges, adding this and adding that until we appear new. He may even have to cover up some areas!

But we must be willing to take our self to the Jesus Christ repair shop called “Salvation.”

Jesus gets under our hood and replaces the sin in our hearts and minds with new and healthy, holy thoughts and desires.
Jesus drains the sin out of us, replaces the old dirty filter with a new clean filter called the Holy Bible.
Jesus then fills us with the Holy Spirit so we run better in this world.
Jesus would have us on a regular maintenance schedule of daily prayer, daily scripture reading, and church worship when possible.

Revelation 21:5 (NIV)

He who was seated on the throne said, “I am making everything new!”Then he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.”
I hope you will allow Jesus to make you new this year if you have not already.

2 Corinthians 5:17 Living Bible

When someone becomes a Christian, he becomes a brand new person inside. He is not the same anymore. A new life has begun!
You may have been a Christian for 50 years now but there is still areas of our life that can be made new or refurbished!
Keep striving not just surviving.
Don’t give Jesus lip service.
Be filled with the excitement to live for Jesus, let Him do a little custom work on you!
In closing, I will leave you with one last gem...

Psalm 34:1 Living Bible

I will praise the Lord no matter what happens. I will constantly speak of his glories and grace.
If you want to defeat this world, defeat Satan and his minions, then praise the Lord!
You want to feel better? Then Praise the Jesus who died for you!
Praising the Lord shakes the gates of Hell!
We do not praise enough and we wonder why we are weak, Praise Him!
We are too embarrassed to raise our hands up to the Christ who atoned for our sins.
Let us shout an amen! To the King of kings and Lord of Lords!
Jesus told us that if we are ashamed of Him then He will be ashamed of us before the Father!

Mark 8:38 Living Bible
And anyone who is ashamed of me and my message in these days of unbelief and sin, I, the Messiah, will be ashamed of him when I return in the glory of my Father, with the holy angels.”
So when your truck is broke down, Praise Him!
Your money is funny, Praise Him!
Your faith is being attacked, Praise Him!
Your health is a challenge, Praise Him!
Old age is not for sissies, Praise Him!
Whatever is negative in your life right now, get up and Praise Him!
Amen.
God bless you with a new year full of possibilities, blessings, and love!
Now go out and seize this life of yours and let Jesus help you live it to the fullest to glorify your Savior and Lord!
Hallelujah!













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

POISONING THE FRUITS OF THE HOLY BIBLE

  The Holy Bible has many beautiful truths within its pages and the most wonderful story in the world of how a loving and gracious God came from Heaven to Earth to save us from sin and ourselves.  What I have seen that saddens my heart is when men and women distort the Bible's precious truths. Sometimes they play mental gymnastics with a rubicon of verses to put together their own view of a topic and make the Bible appear to support their side. Both the liberal and conservative Christians do it and even those who are not even believers play this game. People who want all answers to life and faith but only from the Bible are some of the most toxic and unhappy people I know. Where is their Christlike love? Jesus dealt with this kind of mindset in his mortal time on earth and they were called Pharisees. We must be willing to take the Bible as it is written and what the writers led by the Holy Spirit meant. We must be authentic and transparent. Some things in the Bible are uncomfortabl

WHAT VOICES ARE YOU LISTENING TO?

  Since the internet entered our homes and social media dominates the culture of the world we as a human race have rapidly lost our humanity in many ways. People are so vicious to one another and it is so sad to see how narcissistic we have become as a species. I am often balancing what I read and what I listen to so I do not become toxic and filled with false understandings and beliefs. So it is very important to consider just what voices you are listening to and what voices are you reading. What is the mindset of the people, shows, and music you are allowing into your life? We need to be more alert to not allowing trash into our minds, ears, and eyes. Let us not become a landfill for society's useless trash. If you let garbage in soon it will be garbage out. What is most in your heart will eventually come out the mouth both spoken and written. Matthew 15:18-20

ELECTION YEAR 2024! OH BOY!

Yes, folks, it is an election year and of course, both parties believe they are going to save the world. Sorry, but Jesus Christ already did that some 2000 years ago. Now the other fun fact about this is every election year it is a Chicken Little story all over again, which is the sky is falling if the Republicans get into office, and the sky is falling if the Democrats get into office. This reminds me of how news on the weather is nowadays. There will be one inch of snow coming which is the great white death from above so stock up on everything. The exaggeration from political parties and the news is absolutely off the charts in this day and age. Gone are the Walter Cronkite and Tom Brokaw days of newscasting.   Social media can be used for good and even to spread the gospel message but also it can perpetuate lies and deceit. I hope it is used more responsibly than what I have been witnessing.  So back to politics and voting, I would say do your best to try and find reliable informati