Skip to main content

SHAMEFUL DIVISIONS

 Last week, I was blindsided by a Christian buzzsaw. I listened to two wonderful sermons from a Protestant pastor on Christian divisions within Christendom. Sadly, since the Reformation, the faith has splintered into thousands of different faith sects in the name of Jesus. Even though that same Jesus they profess said in Matthew 12:25-26 Knowing their thoughts, he said to them, "Every kingdom divided against itself is laid to waste, and no city or house divided against itself will stand; and if Satan casts out Satan, he is divided against himself; how then will his kingdom stand?" (RSVCE) 

Also, we have had since the Reformation the Protestant Christians against the Catholic Christians. This is very sad that we are pitied against each other over the most mundane things. I have seen a church split over the color of carpeting being put in the sanctuary. I have firsthand experienced being asked not to teach a Bible Study for fear of me trying to teach Catholic doctrine in a Protestant church instead of the basic Bible. Which was never ever on my agenda. Go figure. That was my buzzsaw.

I fear Satan and the world have to work very little on dividing Christians and Christian churches. We seem to be each other's enemies quite easily with all our preconceived holy notions about one another. Sin has us so twisted up that we see everyone as a potential enemy to our faith. 

We have got to start giving far more grace, far more forgiveness, far more kindness, and far more understanding to each other and each other's churches. In case you have forgotten the Apostle John wrote in 1 John 3:23 "And this is his commandment, that we should believe in the name of his Son Jesus Christ and love one another, just as he has commanded us." (RSVCE) Jesus taught in John 13:35 "By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another."







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

POISONING THE FRUITS OF THE HOLY BIBLE

  The Holy Bible has many beautiful truths within its pages and the most wonderful story in the world of how a loving and gracious God came from Heaven to Earth to save us from sin and ourselves.  What I have seen that saddens my heart is when men and women distort the Bible's precious truths. Sometimes they play mental gymnastics with a rubicon of verses to put together their own view of a topic and make the Bible appear to support their side. Both the liberal and conservative Christians do it and even those who are not even believers play this game. People who want all answers to life and faith but only from the Bible are some of the most toxic and unhappy people I know. Where is their Christlike love? Jesus dealt with this kind of mindset in his mortal time on earth and they were called Pharisees. We must be willing to take the Bible as it is written and what the writers led by the Holy Spirit meant. We must be authentic and transparent. Some things in the Bible are uncomfortabl

CATHOLIC TENDENCIES

  Ever since I was introduced to the Catholic Church I have been fascinated by this body of the Christian faith. One thing that has stuck with me that I admire is the unashamed strength to stand up for what they believe and back it up with The Three Pillars of the Church. Now for those who do not know The Three Pillars, they are number one, Sacred Scripture which comprises the Old Testament and New Testament in a total of seventy-three books. Next is the Apostolic Tradition which is the Living Tradition and the liturgies. Thirdly, The Living Magisterium which is the teaching authority of the Pope in Communion with the Bishops. So what brought this topic up for me is listening to a podcast by Fr. Mike Schmitz denouncing the opening in France of the Olympics when blasphemy was committed by mocking The Last Supper of Jesus Christ. I know some of you are thinking this is already old news. At the time, so many wrote and talked about it that I felt it would be overkill if I wrote about it. I

WHAT VOICES ARE YOU LISTENING TO?

  Since the internet entered our homes and social media dominates the culture of the world we as a human race have rapidly lost our humanity in many ways. People are so vicious to one another and it is so sad to see how narcissistic we have become as a species. I am often balancing what I read and what I listen to so I do not become toxic and filled with false understandings and beliefs. So it is very important to consider just what voices you are listening to and what voices are you reading. What is the mindset of the people, shows, and music you are allowing into your life? We need to be more alert to not allowing trash into our minds, ears, and eyes. Let us not become a landfill for society's useless trash. If you let garbage in soon it will be garbage out. What is most in your heart will eventually come out the mouth both spoken and written. Matthew 15:18-20